Tuesday, 20 September 2011

An interview with: Zwzzy

The Peculiar store name drew me in, the beautifull selection of imaculatly presented vintage dresses kept me there ! Read on to find out about a thrift store junkie with a passion for roller skating:




How did you hear about etsy ?

-My best friend (shrinkle.etsy.com) actually told me about this new website to sell on, since we were both sick of Ebay and their massive fees. She was excited about how much freedom you could have within your listings and told me to check it out. I instantly fell in love!

What does zwzzy mean ?
-It's actually a random word my dad made up for me when I was little and needed an AOL name. All the cool names like Gymnast123 and Dancer80 were taken, ha! I wanted something different and unique for my store name, and you can't get any weirder than Zwzzy!

When/why did the love affair with vintage apparell blossom ?

-I guess you could say when I was in High School, back in the 90s. My friends and I were always thrift store junkies. When I graduated and moved out, I was always wandering through vintage stores, just dying to grab everything for my closet. The styles, patterns and superb sewing of vintage dresses is such an appeal. Personally, I have a weakness for 1970s empire waist dolly dresses. I buy way too many for myself. ;)

What is your favourite thing about being an etsy seller ?

-I really love the community aspect. I was a virtual lab junkie (shout out to the Lab Rats!), and gained some friends from that. Teams are also amazing. It's great being on close teams where we're able to talk about anything and share our thoughts without worrying about being attacked.

What's your day job ?

-I work at a record store, as well as a local community college radio station. When I'm not doing something related to those 2 things, I'm doing everything else Zwzzy. Or roller skating. ;D

Visit The Zwzzy vintage stor
e here

I hope you enjoyed this post, come back soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment